Friday, July 18, 2008

eBay no speaky english

I've had a bit of a problem with ebay lately: my account of 10 years has been suspended indefinitely by mistake.

This is what happened: I logged onto ebay using a shared PC that a suspended ebay member had been using earlier. After 10 years on ebay I've used many shared PCs and I've never had a problem, but this time within hours I recieved the following email:




Gasp! My 10 year account gone in the blink of an eye! So I did what anyone would do, I contacted tech support. One would imagine a company with 7.4 billion in sales could afford technical support right? Wrong: ebay does not have a 1-800 number, and when you contact "Live Help" this is the "help" you get:



Wow ebay, thanks for the help, that engrish really cleared things up.

Come on ebay what's the deal? Maybe if you spent one of those billions on creating a call center in America that ebayers can call and actually be helped you wouldn't have such a bad wrap.

No comments: